TITLE: Yucai After School Program Coordinator
1. College degree.
2. High school degree with 3 years works experience.
REPORTS TO: Board of Yucai Chinese School
JOB Description: To coordinate all activities involved with the safe and effective operation of Yucai after school program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow all rules, policies and procedures of Yucai Chinese Schools and Plymouth Covenant Church, along with state and federal regulations, including the Department of Health and Human Services – Davison of Child Development, pertaining to the after school program.
2. Provide students with activities that promote their physical and intellectual development.
3. Coordinate the creating, planning and maintaining of a safe and healthy learning environment.
4. Utilize positive strategies to support the social and emotional development of all the students.
5. Promote positive behaviors and professionalism, including completion.
6. Assist and monitor students and staff during program hours.
7. Maintain accurate up to date student, staff and after school program records.
8. Staff and students daily check in and check out.
9. Perform related duties and responsibilities as requested by Yucai principal.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so employed.
Terms of Employment: 2:30-5:30PM September 4rh 2018-June 8th 2019
Starting Salary: $15.00-$18.00/hr.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information.
• Trained in Basic School Age Care (BSAC) or completion of within the first three months of employment.
• Trained in First Aid and CPR for school age children (certification).
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions and school age childcare guidelines.
• Working knowledge of effective methods of managing, caring and promoting positive behaviors with children.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; ability to communicate with school personnel, students, and parents while complying with the confidentiality requirements in local, state, and federal policies and statutes.